Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, you’ll have noticed that Pokemon Go has become something of an overnight phenomenon.
The augmented reality smartphone game, where players have to try to catch Pokemon, which appear as if they are right in front of them in real life, has people obsessed.
SO obsessed, in fact, that it seems every socially acceptable thing they’ve ever learnt has been forgotten and replaced by the need to literally catch them all.
Here are 11 instances of people playing the game that will make you feel quite uneasy about the future.
1. This man who couldn’t resist getting his pokeball out when his wife was in labour.
2. This bunch of people who look like they’re literally being controlled by their phones.
3. This reporter forgetting she’s at work and walking straight across the live weather forecast.
4. This dude who thought a wedding was the perfect time to play.
5. In a public loo? Seriously?!
6. This US soldier catching a Squirtle in Iraq. Yes, Iraq.
7. A boyfriend who got caught out cheating on his girlfriend because she spotted he’d caught a Pokemon at his ex’s house.
Evan Scribner told the New York Post: “She found out last night at my house and hasn’t contacted me since then.”
8. The depressing amount of people who are catching Pokemon at funerals.
9. When romance takes a tumble.
10. A guy who got STABBED by a stranger but carried on gaming and didn’t get his wound looked at until the next day.
Michael Baker told Fox 12: “I saw him go by and asked if he was playing Pokemon GO. He was like ‘what?’. I guess he wanted to battle because he came up at me with a knife.”
11. When shops have no other choice but to put up notices like this.