Many local public transport users will have to pay a little extra today following the introduction of new fares.
December 1st is the day transport changes for the new year kick in with both increases and decreases being introduced across Dublin Bus, Bus Éireann, Luas and train routes
Luas prices are among the biggest increases with annual and monthly tickets up by 10%.
Some good news is that children under five can now travel for free on public transport.
Other changes include:
- Bus Éireann city centre fare zones widen in Cork, Limerick, Galway
- Irish Rail prices to increase slightly
- Special €1 off-peak fare for Luas customers
- 1 in 5 get free transport
- Dublin Bus mid range journey tickets to increase 5.6%
- Luas cash fares increase 5%
Bus and rail customers in other parts of the country will see a reduction in their fares.
Some Irish Rail fares are set to increase slightly, generally in line with the cost of living.